Wednesday 4 May 2011

Time to panic, not picnic.

here goes my first foray into blogging - as you can tell, (by the look of it, not the content) it's a naive, clumsy, unsophisticated leap into the unknown - which for someone nearing 40 is not a bad thing. It's good to still feel naive, unsophisticated & clumsy at my age.
Some background about me? I'm forty by the end of May, I've had an amazing career followed by a dead end job, I've had a few relationships, only one that really counts, I've had some wonderful adventures all over the world,I've been published a couple of times, I named a fragrance for an American preppy company that earned them $190 million  ( and still selling ) I've had some non evasive surgery and I've been arrested . . . .twice.
Looking at the above it looks like I haven't achieved much . . .which is why three months ago I left my partner after three years and two months ago I left my job. I've started to think that if you're not changing things then you're not really living. Reinvention is fine at 20, makes perfect sense at 30, is risky at 35 and most probably insane, irresponsible and unlikely at 40 but here goes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment